Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Season 7, Episode 3 - The Hi's and Lows of Fashion

Challenge: Work in teams of two to create a high-end signature look worthy of a Master's Collection, and a second look that is a more affordable design inspired by another team's signature look.
Target: Anthony and Seth Aaron's Signature Gown
KORSimile: "It looks like I'm at the cotillion party in the South from Hell."

Whoa whoa whoa, MK. First of all, Cotillion gowns are WHITE. That's the whole POINT of Cotillion, that you are preparing yourself to be a bride. I went to a Debutante Ball for my best friend, and it was...weird.

And in Anthony's defense, he is from the South. Also, he's a gay black man who wears bell bottoms and LIVES in the South, so I'm pretty sure that he both knows Cotillions AND what hell must feel like very, very well.

Also, let's think about this conception of hell. As bad as that dress might be, I doubt that MK's hell will involve gowns of any sort. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can picture what hell would be for Michael Kors:

MK's transformation into The Thing from the Fantastic Four is 25% complete in this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment